The client is a leading global independent exploration and production company with a portfolio of licenses spanning more than 20 countries.
- To design and implement a management and storage system for Geo-Physical Data.
- Enable cataloguing and easy retrieval of all datasets relating to both seismic and non-seismic survey information.
- An extensible solution to easily cope with the evolving sets of meta data.
- Fast efficient storage and retrieval of terra-byte size files using a high performance disk management system in a manner that would easily scale.
- A Geophysical Data Management Application was developed using the latest web based technologies to deliver an easy to use and feature rich user interface.
- The server components developed include a high performance petabyte sized file system, a set of data loading servers, a distributed web server and relational database for meta data query and storage.
Sonalake worked closely with the client’s technology operations function to collaboratively develop a secure and reliable system, specifically tailored to their needs, providing easy access and storage of their valuable geo-physical data assets. The system is embedded in their day-to-day work practices and is used in all of their acquisition and processing projects.