UX Design Lead
We define ourselves as a software innovation partner for our clients – this is because we are experts at building software with the right people, right tech and the right methods. Our clients (from startups to industry giants) come to us with innovative digital product ideas; and we bring those ideas to life. We believe that User Experience is vital in building great software products, which is why we are looking for a UX Lead to join our growing UX team. Reporting directly to the CTO, and with his support, you will provide design and thought leadership to shape products that engage and inspire.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead UX activities in client engagements, interacting with key stakeholders to translate user and business needs into solutions that work. You’ll be part of a core team who will do all the research, design, and implementation.
- Prepare, lead, and participate in collaborative design workshops.
- Balance user needs with our client’s business goals, market viability and technical feasibility.
- Create design prototypes at appropriate levels of fidelity.
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team that includes UX designers, visual designers, product owners, project managers.
- Build living style guides and design systems for our clients. Improve and drive adoption of our internal design system.
- Grow the UX team and actively look for ways to better integrate design into the agile process.
- The solutions you will be creating will be varied, challenging and never identical. You’ll learn a lot about the unique challenges we have in the software industry and work alongside an incredibly talented team of engineers.
A minimum of 5 years experience as an experience designer, information architect, interaction designer, or similar role within a software development organisation. Online portfolio.
- Strong understanding of design thinking, human-centered design, human computer interaction and fluency in the latest technology trends.
- Strong process orientation and experience in guiding projects through all phases of user experience design.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, frame a problem and explore potential solutions. Proven experience track in facilitation of Design Sprints a plus.
- Ability to set clear vision and outcomes in a transparent and collaborative manner.
- Ability to clearly communicate design rationale and decisions, tailoring the approach and deliverables to client, project, and team needs.
- Enable the team to take the best action and gracefully respond to new information in face of evolving client requirements.
- Broad experience – across sectors, working for customers with different UX maturity levels, good understanding of software project life cycle.
- Flexibility. You are agile and can flex from being strategic to tactical and detail-oriented.
- Lifelong learner. You have an intrinsic motivation and curiosity to learn and grow, and you know how to inspire others to develop their capabilities, skills and potential.
- Technical grounding: you will not be expected to code but we believe that you need a solid grasp of technical fundamentals to be an effective participant and influencer in the overall software design-dev process.
- Data visualisation skills not necessity but a plus.
About the team
Sonalake helps companies to innovate using software, from the biggest global internet brands to the latest start-up disruptors. Our technology focus is on cutting edge open-source software across the full stack, complemented by our agile approach and our platform frameworks that offer accelerated time to market.
We are all about people, so trust is really important to us. We don’t do hierarchy – we do openness and opportunity, building teams that span from experienced leaders to bright graduates in a coaching culture.
And we like to balance things, like respect and care with challenging standards; or health-care and fruit with other less healthy free stuff.
Situated between the mountains and the sea in the heart of Blackrock village in Dublin, our offices are surrounded by social and sports amenities and are within a few minutes of the DART.
Talk to us about your career journey by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
You can learn more about our culture and values here.
Didn’t find the position you were looking for?
Have any questions? Perhaps you want to know how we work, what’s our technology stack or what can we offer you? Don’t hesitate to ask!