Technical Team Lead
Sonalake is looking for technical team leads who love working in a fast‑paced environment and are passionate about delivering quality, on‑time, surprise‑free software products and projects. As a team lead you don’t want to stop writing software but you have already shown that you are great mentor to teammates and are keen to understand wider business requirements and the product domain.
You will be joining an agile end‑to‑end product development operation and will be responsible across the complete process – from idea generation, requirements capture, business analysis, technical design through to development and delivery, with customer exposure throughout.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead and grow engineering teams
- Lead projects, features and direct work of distributed software project teams
- Work with team on design, dependencies, backlog and code maintainability
- Provide time and size estimates for project deliverables
- Provide accurate status on deliverables and risk throughout the project
- Champion best practices for software development
- Review team deliverables to ensure that quality goals are met
- Perform hands-on software development, requirements capture, specification, bug fixing, unit testing, automated functional testing
- 2:1 or better Computer Science (or equivalent) Honours degree or postgraduate degree
- 3 or more years in a technical project lead role
- Excellent knowledge of Java and popular Java frameworks (e.g. Spring, Hibernate)
- Ability to lead cross functional teams
- Agile process implementation and associated tooling
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Automated testing, refactoring, source control management, continuous integration tooling
- Linux/UNIX including command-line tools and scripting
- Strong customer focus and ability to design solutions to meet their needs
- Databases design and optimisation
- Amazon AWS
- Timeseries databases
Sonalake helps companies to innovate using software, from the biggest global internet brands to the latest start-up disruptors. Our technology focus is on cutting edge open-source software across the full stack, complemented by our agile approach and our platform frameworks that offer accelerated time to market.
We are all about people,so trust is really important to us. We don’t do hierarchy – we do openness and opportunity, building teams that span from experienced leaders to bright graduates in a coaching culture.
And we like to balance things, like respect and care with challenging standards; or health-care and fruit with other less healthy free stuff.
Situated between the mountains and the sea in the heart of Blackrock village in Dublin, our offices are surrounded by social and sports amenities and are within a few minutes of the DART.
Talk to us about your career journey by contacting email@example.com