Technical Team Lead
Sonalake is looking for technical team leads who love working in a fast‑paced environment and are passionate about delivering quality, on‑time, surprise‑free software products and projects. As a team lead you don’t want to stop writing software but you have already shown that you are great mentor to teammates and are keen to understand wider business requirements and the product domain.
You will be joining an agile end‑to‑end product development operation and will be responsible across the complete process – from idea generation, requirements capture, business analysis, technical design through to development and delivery, with customer exposure throughout.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and grow engineering teams
- Lead projects, features and direct work of distributed software project teams
- Work with team on design, dependencies, backlog and code maintainability
- Provide time and size estimates for project deliverables
- Provide accurate status on deliverables and risk throughout the project
- Champion best practices for software development
- Review team deliverables to ensure that quality goals are met
- Perform hands-on software development, requirements capture, specification, bug fixing, unit testing, automated functional testing
- 2:1 or better Computer Science (or equivalent) Honours degree or postgraduate degree
- 3 or more years in a technical project lead role
- Excellent knowledge of Java and popular Java frameworks (e.g. Spring, Hibernate)
- Ability to lead cross functional teams
- Agile process implementation and associated tooling
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Automated testing, refactoring, source control management, continuous integration tooling
- Linux/UNIX including command-line tools and scripting
- Strong customer focus and ability to design solutions to meet their needs
- Databases design and optimisation
- Amazon AWS
- Timeseries databases
Didn’t find the position you were looking for?
Have any questions? Perhaps you want to know how we work, what’s our technology stack or what can we offer you? Don’t hesitate to ask!