Sonalake is looking for smart developers who love working in a fast‑paced environment and are passionate about delivering quality, on‑time, surprise‑free software. You’ll be joining an agile team responsible for end‑to‑end product development. You will be involved in every aspect of the development process – from idea generation, business analysis, technical design through to software development.
You have excellent interpersonal skills and can communicate your ideas with your team and clients. As part of Sonalake engineering, you will also have the opportunity to participate in our technology evaluations, prototyping activities, and contribute to open-source projects.
What You’ll Do
- Development: writing both server and client-side code
- Input to iteration planning and setting project feature direction
- Building and improving open source Java components
- Learn from your peers and share your experience
- 2:1 or better Computer Science (or equivalent) Honours degree or postgraduate degree or equivalent hands on experience
- 3 or more years commercial software development experience
- Algorithms and data structures
- Strong analytical and excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Experience of working in cross-functional teams
- Object-oriented development and design patterns
- Automated testing, refactoring, source control management, continuous integration
- Linux/UNIX including command-line tools and scripting
- Web development (HTML, CSS, AJAX, AngularJS)
- Databases (SQL, NoSQL, schema design and optimisation)
- Direct client experience, where the customer is the product owner
Didn’t find the position you were looking for?
Have any questions? Perhaps you want to know how we work, what’s our technology stack or what can we offer you? Don’t hesitate to ask!